Product Marketing Lead
ClassDojo's goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
You'll help grow ClassDojo to be the world's most widely-used pre-K-8 product and most-loved consumer education brand for kids. You’ll do this by deeply understanding our market and bringing that to life through engaging go-to-market campaigns that drive impact.
You'll influence the product roadmap to shape the future of education and strategize alongside product managers, data scientists, growth marketers, creative teams, and other cross-functional partners all united in our mission to 10x our growth goals.
We are on the hunt for a seasoned product marketer who is eager to dive in and play a critical role in reaching our ambitious targets. If you’re ready to make a significant impact, we’re eager to hear from you.
- Develop customer facing product narratives to drive awareness and engagement. Define our value proposition, positioning and differentiated messaging and bring it to life across the lifecycle - this includes naming, new user experiences, product copy, and defining how all our products fit together with a cohesive message.
- Lead the go-to-market strategy for new products and features that drives adoption and usage, defining the right channel mix to drive KPIs
- Conduct market research to define segmentation and targeting strategy. Make strategic recommendations for how we can drive growth.
- Deeply understand our customers and how they interact with families and kids. Collect qual and quant feedback to influence product strategy and uplevel our marketing
- Partner with copy and design to develop compelling creative with strong storytelling that spans social, CRM, paid acquisition, landing pages, in-product experiences and more.
- Build measurable KPIs for all product marketing plans, adopting a test and learn philosophy to hit business objectives.
- Liaise with leadership to support our vision by through the eyes of teachers and families
- Experienced product marketer with 7+ years of experience at a consumer brand
- You are a master at bringing new products to market, with a strong track record of crafting compelling positioning and messaging that drives product adoption
- Customer champion with experience driving market research and customer insights, both qual and quant
- Excellent storytelling skills—you have a sense for narrative, and can create succinct, impactful messaging
- Experience with segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Highly collaborative, with proven ability to work across multiple teams and competing priorities simultaneously
- You take ownership, are an inventive problem solver and have a high-level of accountability and follow-through
- Moves faster than is comfortable, an instigator
- Highly empathetic
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.