Director of Brand and Communications
QuillBot is an AI-powered writing platform on a mission to reimagine writing. QuillBot provides over 36 million monthly active students, professionals, and educators with free online writing and research tools to help them become more effective, productive, and confident. The QuillBot team was built on the idea that learning how to write and use that knowledge is empowering. They want to automate the more time-consuming parts of writing so that users can focus on their craft. Whether you’re writing essays, social media posts, or emails, QuillBot has your back. It has an array of productivity-enhancing tools that are already changing the way the world writes. In the recent chain of events, we were also acquired by CourseHero which is a 15 years old Ed-Tech unicorn based out of California, now known as Learneo.
Your Duties in Your Role? Here is What You'll Do:
- Management and oversight of our brand-building approach, which increases perception of our leadership in the cloud. Influence and lead initiatives that boost brand recognition, promote demand generation, and improve ties among important audiences, including prospects, consumers, analysts, investors, communities, workers, and candidates.
- Develop brand communications strategies with next-level storytelling across paid advertising, earned media, and owned channels while managing brand and social media teams.
- In order to stay current with market trends, best practises, and cutting-edge technological advancements, monitor brand tracking studies, message testing, and advertising performance tracking.
- Track messaging, sentiment, advertising creative, ad media spend, and competitor share of voice. Keep up with market developments and search for opportunities to improve our positioning, voice, and visual identity.
- Establish business performance targets to gauge the power of your brand, including perception, unaided awareness, associations, and brand-lift to lead volume and website traffic.
- Develop ground-breaking brand activations that capture and excite consumers by working collaboratively with agencies and the internal creative team to tap into persona/buyer insights.
- Utilising community support, content distribution, and digital interaction to increase brand exposure, serve as the brand's voice, tone, and moderator.
- Ensure that the brand's narrative, architecture, and touchpoints are all consistent and compelling.
- Manage naming initiatives and brand trademarks while supervising the execution of media programmes, sponsorships, and brand-level assets.
- Control, guide, and motivate a group of designers and producers to create materials from conception to completion across a variety of media while ensuring consistency across advertising, social media, digital, and events
- Maintain/update style and asset manuals, and make sure that materials are utilised and "campaign-able" and utilised across regions and numerous media.
- Assist with the transition of brand campaign assets to the new visual system and guarantee worldwide control.
- Manage and update the photos and production files in the digital asset management library.
- oversee the day-to-day operations of our corporate brand merchandising programme, InfaShop.
What We Want to Watch:
- Best-in-class brand experience and a unique brand identity that support the company's upcoming phase of expansion as a public company all showcase the company's leadership and innovation.
- A programme that is results-driven and produces corporate narrative, written and visual assets, and great brand awareness.
- Brand and social media team that combines strategy and creativity and is well-known for its effective teamwork, leadership, and output.
- a well-organized group with goals in line with the CMO's and the company's.
- Open-minded, flexible in their approach, naturally consultative with people of all ranks, and supportive of a productive team atmosphere.
- Leading a quick-thinking group that is admired for their ability to work together throughout the company and to support important business goals with quantifiable results.
- Passion for experimentation, reinvention, and innovation.
- Role Fundamentals
- Experience as a brand strategist for at least 15 years, with a strong background in creating and improving brand positioning and messaging, creating assets, using content marketing, running campaigns, and integrated marketing. Agency knowledge is a bonus.
- Bachelor's degree is necessary. A plus would be an MBA in marketing, business, or a similar profession.
- knowledge of the B2B/B2C, large corporate software, cloud, and SaaS industries.
- broad expertise in all areas of brand activation, including brand identity, engaging visuals, developing messages, designing campaigns, and media planning.
- Significant management expertise working for brand agencies and consultants that serve high-tech B2C businesses.
- Possessing practical experience in doing research and competitive analysis to produce innovative, market- and customer-based recommendations to boost brand strategy and media plans.
- a systematic, metrics-based approach to continuous improvement; strong analytical abilities with the capacity to locate actionable insights.
- strong ability to communicate results to leaders; experience creating business reviews that effectively tell a story using facts.
- to promote connection and engagement among business and technical audiences, experience creating social communities through paid and organic properties.
- a track record of being an inventive and creative visionary force for the organisation as well as a goal-oriented business partner.
- Strong management abilities, including the ability to evaluate performance, set goals for direct reports, and assist with career development.
- the capacity to build rapport, establish one's worth, and empower colleagues within the organisation
- knowledge of agile project management techniques and tools like Workfront, Asana, Slack, or JIRA.
- Strong planning, organisational, and project management skills as well as exceptional attention to detail.