Senior Internal Communication Specialist
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
About the job
- Create an internal communications function that excels in every aspect, driving employee engagement, fostering connectivity and culture, and delivering positive outcomes for all functions within the organisation.
- Develop communication materials to effectively convey key messages utilising a diverse range of approaches, including written communications, presentation materials, Zoom and other platforms, town halls, small group meetings, and more.
- Ensure that communication messaging and resources are of high quality, accurate, relevant, and aligned with the organization's goals and culture.
- Plan, edit, and craft content for diverse internal communication channels, including the company's internal wiki page, policy refreshers, and announcements. You might also need to focus on enhancing the content's layout.
- Assist and advise the stakeholders on presentations for the organisational events, such as QuillBot all-hands meetings, etc.
- Draft messages or scripts for the managers on terminations, exits, etc. in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation.
- Based on the audience and context, revisit and revise the communication content.
- Handle internal crisis communication responses for a range of issues and crises.
- Work in close partnership with Human Resources, Marketing, Product, and Leadership to execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery.
- Implement metrics to measure the effectiveness of internal communication channels and measure internal communications with the goal of continuously improving internal communications strategies to reach and engage employees.
- Eight or more years of experience writing in a corporate setting. You have managed a variety of corporate communications channels, such as corporate intranets, mobile, and internal social media channels.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees. The ability to create and customise content for different target groups, showcasing a comprehensive grasp of messaging, positioning, and stakeholder requirements
- Experience with public speaking, as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to employees. Internal communications managers must possess a keen understanding of the organization's vision, mission, and values, as well as the capability to effectively communicate and convey them to employees.
- The candidate possesses exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrates confidence in effectively connecting with and advising the leadership team