Principal Software Development Engineer
QuillBot is an AI-powered writing platform on a mission to reimagine writing. QuillBot provides over 35 million monthly active students, professionals, and educators with free online writing and research tools to help them become more effective, productive, and confident. The QuillBot team was built on the idea that learning how to write and using that knowledge is empowering. They want to automate the more time-consuming parts of writing so that users can focus on their craft. Whether you’re writing essays, social media posts, or emails, QuillBot has your back. It has an array of productivity-enhancing tools that are already changing the way the world writes.
- 10+ years of strong hands-on development experience on web and mobile technologies.
- 3+ years of solid experience in designing architecture.
- Strong expertise in Cloud Architecture, deployment & Optimization (GCP / AWS).
- Strong hold on database technologies (Mongo, Elastic, etc.).
- Good experience with cloud technologies and microservice architecture.
- Has good exposure working with high scale Production applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid hold on data structures and algorithms.
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and their applications.
- Strong affinity for producing highly optimum and production quality code.
- Technologist at heart and is passionate about the latest technological developments.
- Good contribution towards any of the open source projects will be a great plus.
- Experience working in the AI/ML domain is a plus.
- Own the overall application architecture and ensure high scalability and resilience.
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure optimum solution design for each of the new features / -modules developed.
- Work on POCs for new experiments / technological inclusions and collaborate with engineering teams to implement Architectural improvements.
- Work on bench-marking different technology options wrt underlying use-cases to take right architectural decisions.
- Perform intermittent code-reviews to ensure high production code quality.
- Totally understand and contribute to the product road map.
- Setup best practices for development and champion their adoption.